Saturday, March 10, 2012

Creativity


Philip Montgomery for the Wall Street Journal
Illustrations by Serge Bloch



Today's link and blurb are on creativity.  Yes, I know sounds like a topic that belongs on an art website but I wanted to mention this on public health because in the field of public health the problems are so diverse
such as dealing with a deterioration of a society from drug abuse or simple engineering to amend deaths from radon seepage etc and the answers to these problems require thinking often times out of the box and fixing the problem with limited resources.

I found this article from the wall street journal that I thought was very enlightening albeit long and for anyone in public health , I think should check it out.

Hit link for the science of creativity

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203370604577265632205015846.html?mod=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read

Also bonus link really cool website on outsourced problem solving for those who want to cash in on creative problem solving:

http://www.innocentive.com/

1 comment:

  1. Great article I would agree. I think many people think creativity is magic or at least instantaneous. I like how this article points out that it is a process requiring effort and time to make a creative spark.

    ReplyDelete